How to make Lotus stem Kofta curry:
Objective: Learn how to make Lotus Stem Kofta Curry in traditional Indian style.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 25-35 minutes
How to make Lotus Stem kofta Curry
Watch the full video for complete recipe here.
Video: Video showing the detailed recipe
Video duration: 11:47 minutes.
Recipe Specific Ingredients:
Lotus Stem: 500 Gms
Gram Flour: 2 spoons
Onions: 2 medium sized
Tomatoes: 2 medium sized
Asafoetida: 1 pinch
Cumin Seeds: half tea spoon
Pepper Corn: two tea spoons
Big Cardamom: 3-4 Nos.
Coriander Powder: 1/2 tea spoons
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tea spoons
How to clean Lotus Stems:
- Wash the lotus stems with fresh water. Peel them and wash again.
- Cut the stems in medium pieces.
- Boil the chopped Lotus Stems in water with some salt and turmeric powder.
How to prepare before cooking:
- Grate the Lotus Stems.
- Drain the extra water if any.
- Add salt (1/2 tsp), Chilly Powder (1/2 tsp), turmeric powder (1/2 tsp), Coriander Powder (1/2 tsp) and mix it well.
- Now add 1 spoon gram flour and again mix the mixture. Gram Flour helps it to bind together. Gram flour should be added only in moderate quantity else koftas will be too hard after they get cooked.
- Now make small koftas (round shaped balls) around 2.5 to 3 cms in diameter. Take care don’t keep them big in size else they will break.
- Deep fry the Koftas and set them aside.
How to cook:
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Add a little (One pinch) of Asafoetida, half tea spoons of Cumin seeds and sauté them well.
- Next add the chopped onions and fry it till the onions turn golden brown.
- Then add the tomato puree to it and mix all the ingrediants well till all the water dries out.
- Now add the spices. (1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, Red Chilly powder, Salt and saute it well.
- Then add some water to make the gravy.
- Add the fried Koftas to the gravy and let it come to a boil.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for around 5-7 minutes.
- Add freshly powdered Pepper Corns and Big Cardamom powder.
- Mix the ingredients well and cook for 5 more minutes till the gravy turns thick.
- Dish it out in a bowl and garnish with green coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot. It goes well with rice or chapati or naan.
Buy the cookware here:
Click to explore
Lotus Stem (Nadru, Kamal Kakdi, Nadru, Bhein) kofta curry cooked in onion and tomato gravy is a treat to eyes and your taste buds. Give it a try. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring. Share the recipe with your family and friends.
Be the first to comment